Sunday, January 6, 2008

God makes me laugh

"Don't be afraid, Jacob, you worm." Isaiah 41:14 (God's Word translation)

Okay, here I was feeling all anxious and severe and I come across this. You maketh me laugh, O Authentic One, O One Who Calls It As It Is. Seriously, I appreciate it. And at the risk of taking us to new levels of hilarity (with a near-Peter-Gabriel reference): I'll be your sledge. Thank you for the joy... Signed, Another of Your Worms

"I will help you," declares the LORD, your Defender, the Holy One of Israel. "I am going to make you into a new threshing sledge with sharp, double-edged teeth. You will thresh the mountains and crush them to dust. You will turn the hills into straw. You will winnow them. The wind will carry them away. The windstorm will scatter them. But you will find joy in the LORD and praise the Holy One of Israel." Isaiah 41:15-16 (God's Word translation)

No comments: